The Museum Ship Norgoma was built at the Collingwood Shipyard in 1950 and was the last passenger boat to be built and traveled on in the Great Lakes.
Before the building of the Trans Canada Highway, she operated as a passenger and freight vessel and was considered the lifeline to communities along the north shore of Lake Huron. In her later years she operated as a car ferry between the Bruce Peninsula and Manitoulin Island. She was retired in 1974 and converted to a museum ship in 1980. The Norgoma retains much of her original equipment and is presently being restored to the condition in which she sailed. Open June to September - call for hours of operation.